Thursday, June 5, 2008

Let the veggies begin...


While we have had our own little veggie patch producing Asian Greens for several weeks, we are happy to have our CSA Growing Wild Farm begin their year! We are very much enjoying their salad greens, Red Russian Kale, Kale Rapini (super yum!), garlic onions, and radishes. Last night, I tried out their recipe for Creamy Vinaigrette. I usually make our salad dressing, but I have never made dressing with eggs. It was very good. And, given that our hennies are laying lots of eggs right now, it's a good recipe to use.

Creamy Vinaigrette
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar (I used Rice Wine vinegar)
1 T mustard
1-2 cloves garlic minched
1 t honey or agave nectar
1 t sea salt
pinch of cayenne pepper (I omitted)

I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, but the recipe called to for a blender. Mix all ingredients but the oil in mixer or blender. With mixer/blender running, slowly add oil and mix to emulsify.

Yum! Thanks Andre and Shelia

No comments: