Friday, February 1, 2008

Felt owls from M's design


I love owls and when my seven year old daughter presented me with a wonderful drawing of an owl, my brain started clicking it's wheels. Could I make a softie like her drawing? Using wool felt, I free handed the shapes, added feathers and feet with embroidering floss, and used beads for eyes. I had ordered a bunch of herbs- violet root and red clover leaf- that I had no plan for, so I filled the owls with the herbs. They smell good and I love their quirky looks. I've sent them to my sisters and some friends- it's about time to make more!

Satisfaction rating: 100% Simple, yet creative enough to be satisfying. What makes it a 100% was that it was a collaboration with my sweet daughter!

Do the girls like them? Yes, but I have not made any for them yet.

No comments: