Tuesday, February 5, 2008

UnPlugged Project: Pipe cleaners

I recently bumped into a nice blog called Unplug Your Kids which has weekly activities to do with your kids. Fellow bloggers share their projects and I have decided to join in. :) While we are not tv free, we are happily living without cable and video games. We also limit screen time- there is just so many other cool things to do! My daughters are 7 (M) and 3 (N) and I know we will all enjoy the Unplugged projects!

I only had white pipe cleaners- we also used empty toilet paper rolls, corks and foil. I really just let them follow their own creative path...

On the right is my robot- he is very good at going the dishes and cleaning under the refrigerator. N's creation is on the left.

M made a boat with corks inside and lots of tape.

N discovered her creation made a nice purse for Hello Kitty.

M hung her other creation and my robot which made a nice mobile.

Fun time!

6 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Looks like you all had fun!

Gottfredsen said...

Great Job. Hope to see you next week.

D said...

Thanks! We did have fun. :) Happy to join in...

greenlee said...

A new blog and I'm just now seeing it!! Time for a spanking D....ooops, wait ...I'm AP. :)

Cute cute crafts! Wonderful blog! I hope I get some of your good ideas.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Unplugged Project and thanks so much for joining in!

I like your girls' creations. It's funny that we used corks too! I need one of your useful robots at my house by the way.

I am sorry to be so late in visiting this week, I usually make the rounds on Monday, but I have had some nasty bug.

I hope you'll join us next Monday for magazines. Nice to "meet" you!

D said...

Greenlee~ LOL! Lucky for me! But, do I need a time out? Can it be in the bath tub?

Mom Unplugged~ Thank you for the nice welcome and I hope you are feeling well. We're wine lovers here, so corks are almost always available! See you next week!