Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Weekly Unplugged Project- magazines

This week's project at the inspirational blog Unplug Your Kids was anything related to magazines. The girls and I taped some paper together and began work on a big ocean scene. We used crayons and water color paints for the water and then added animals that the drew on other paper, colored and then cut out.
We had great fun making plants, rocks and ocean creatures out of magazines. Pottery Barn was very useful for this project!
I had dug out an pot of Modge Podge for this week's project and decided to make covers for the outlets on the kitchen back splash. I used the covers as a guide and then cut them out. I put a layer of glue on the cover and then another layer over the paper. I used my fingers to smooth the paper out and bend it to the cover. I was skeptical, but it turned out looking pretty good (hubby even made a nice comment). I doubt they would hold up in a high traffic area, but we almost never use these outlets. Here is the finished project:


Satisfaction rating: 95% Fun times!

Did the girls like it? Yes and yes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good idea using magazines to make parts of your ocean scene. That looks like a lot of fun!

And I am SO impressed by your decoupaged outlets! They look fabulous. I have painted those before, but would never have thought to decoupage them. Thanks for the idea!

I am glad you all had fun. I hope you'll join in next week for "fabric."

D said...

Thank you! I'm really pleased with the decoupage outlets! :)